Friday, April 27, 2012

April Quilt Group--via Skype

I really enjoyed being able to join the group last night via Skype. Hopefully we'll get it figured out to have a 2-way video instead of just one, but at least it was the right way so I could see all the beautiful quilts. And JoAn--oooo-la-la, that is a fantastic sewing room!





As I said last night, I finished a t-shirt quilt for a lady I've worked with at school whose mother passed away a few years ago. It really turned out pretty and I think I've been turned to the "polka-dot side" I found this cute polka dot for the back and I think I'm going to have to start a collection......

And, the chicken quilt is almost complete. I have a little bit of hand quilting to do on the vines at the top and then it will be ready to bind. I think I've been working on this one for about 6 years and I'm ready for a new handwork project. My mom is going to love it!

Thanks again, for a wonderful night. Glad I could join you all!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Wonderful quilts Rachelle: Love the roosters, and you are so sweet to make the t-shirt quilt, she will treasure it! Enjoy that beautiful Oregon weather.

Unknown said...

Wow! I love, love, love the t-shirt quilt, that will be a treasure for generations. The rooster quilt is amazing, you have one lucky Mom to have you for a daughter and to do that for her, it is awesome.